IDEAS 40203 "Beta Group"

On Sun Feb 10th, I participated in a "beta group" activity in conjunction with Residency Unlimited's visiting artist Juan Betancurth at the Old Louisville Chamber of Commerce bldg. The activity, organized by artist Theo Edmonds and anthropologist Chris Begley, involved discussing an idea/ definition/ perception of community. I won't say too much about the parameters of the project as there will be other groups performing the activity and fore knowledge of the details would likely influence the outcome.

I will simply say that the activity was very interesting and I enjoyed the opportunity to engage a diverse group of people about the nature of community.  The visual bi-product of that discussion was less interesting from an art point of view but very interesting from a conversation point of view. 

If you have any interest in more information about this I have included a couple of websites.

Residency Unlimited - Ideas 40203

Juan Betancurth at http://www.juanbetancurth.com


Our 30 minute collage.
 


My group.  Juan, Burt and Cheryl.